Zymeworks Inc. is a Canadian computational biotechnology company that is developing predictive computational technology for optimizing protein therapeutics.
Zymeworks is looking for exceptionally talented scientists to compliment our current team. We are looking for motivated individuals who are eager to showcase their talent, demonstrating the passion and drive to grow within this progressive and developing Company.
Currently, we have openings in our protein engineering department. The successful candidates will be taking part in structure guided in silico protein optimitization projects and actively participate in the development and validation of our proprietary molecular modeling and simulation software for engineering proteins.
· PhD or MSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Immunology, Molecular Biology, or Physics
· Strong knowledge and practical experience with the structural biology of proteins
· Experience with molecular model building, simulation and visualizing packages (AMBER, CCP4, COOT, etc.)
Skills (all or some of the following)
· Demonstrated experience in rational protein design and engineering
· Relevant experience in bioinformatics techniques
· Greater then 2 years of either industrial or academic postgraduate experience in protein biochemistry or a related field
· Experience with antibodies or other therapeutic proteins is a valuable asset
· Experience with homology modeling and docking software
· Knowledge of Linux operating system
· Experience in protein expression purification and analysis
· Experience in one or more scripting languages (Python, Tcl, etc.)
· Fluent in English (Spoken, Written, Read)
· Design and carryout internal and external protein therapeutic optimization projects
· Perform feasibility studies for proposed protein engineering projects
· Interact with collaborator’s during the experimental validation of proposed design
· Closely interact with the software development team to improve and advance the functionality of our proprietary modeling/analysis package
· Assist with the selection of other software tools to supplement our propriety simulation package
· Participate in the preparation of patents and publications
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com
Compensation is commensurate with experience. If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your curriculum vitae and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1243: Structural Biologist / Protein Engineer in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.