MRI Scientist for TIIL
Translational Imaging Industrial Laboratory (TIIL; part of Singapore Bioimaging Consortium), is a new initiative from Singapore’s A*Star (Agency for Science Technology and Research), providing global biopharma companies with a high quality and state-of-the-art array of preclinical imaging resources directed at enhancing the efficiency and pace of the drug development process.
The Laboratory is currently seeking to recruit an experienced MRI physicists to join our team. The in vivo imaging laboratory assists in drug discovery programmes and focuses on the validation and development of imaging and spectroscopic methods for a number of disease areas, including cardiovascular diseases, oncology, and metabolic disorders.
As part of TIIL, this role will support the development and implementation of MRI methods in order to understand mechanism(s) of drug action, drug efficacy, and safety, and long-term outcomes. These methods may then be incorporated as part of the drug discovery program, ranging from target identification to therapeutic application.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, who can work independently in a fast-paced environment. This person will collaborate in multidisciplinary teams across disease areas and will keep meticulous records. Responsibilities for this position include performing in vivo MR experiments, analyzing and integrating related data, summarizing results for reporting and publication, and daily operations of the laboratory.
Qualifications and Expertise:
The desired candidate will:
• have an MSc or PhD or equivalent in Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Sciences or related fields, with at least 3 years of industrial experience
• have an advanced knowledge of the area of MRI physics and applications
• have a working knowledge of C/C++
• have experience with MR imaging and spectroscopy
• have experience and expertise in pulse sequence programming and applications development
• have digital image/spectroscopy processing or graphical/visual programming skills (Matlab, Analyze, IDL)
• have experience in performing small animal MRI experiments - Animal skills, such as handling, restraining, anaesthesia and injections (IP, IM, IV) in rodents and rabbits
• have familiarity with FDA and QSR regulations
• have the ability to communicate and collaborate with members of a multidisciplinary team
• have the ability to follow directions and perform tasks with continuous attention to detail and safety
• have good communication skills to be effective in a global organization
• must be able to provide at least three references to support qualifications