Postdoctoral Positions in NMR Studies of Large Biomolecular Machineries
In the context of a project funded by European Research Council, several postdoctoral positions are available in the NMR laboratory of the Structural Biology Institute in Grenoble (France). Positions are available on the following topics:
- Development of Isotopic labeling and NMR spectroscopy methods for the study of high molecular weight protein assemblies.
- Real-time NMR investigation of folding and mechanisms of biological NanoMachines.
The laboratory hosts three NMR spectrometers equipped with cryogenic probes (600 MHz and 800 MHz) and with a solid state MAS equipment (600 MHz). It has access to the nearby 1 GHz NMR spectrometer of the European high field NMR centre in Lyon. Applicants will also have access to a fully equipped wetlab for isotopically labeled NMR sample preparation.
Grenoble is a pleasant city situated in the heart of the French alps, and has one of Europe’s most vibrant structural biology communities centred around the European Synchroton Radiation Facility (ESRF), the Laue Langevin Institute (ILL), the Structural Biology Institute (IBS) and the EMBL Grenoble Out-Station.
Competitive salary (based on previous research experience) is offered with health insurance, retirement plan, and language training allowance. Interested candidates should forward a Curriculum Vitae in English, and electronic and postal addresses of potential references via e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected publications of the team :
• Gans P, Hamelin O, Sounier R, Ayala I, Durá MA, Amero CD, Noirclerc-Savoye M, Franzetti B, Plevin MJ, Boisbouvier J. Stereospecific isotopic labeling of methyl groups for NMR spectroscopic studies of high-molecular-weight proteins. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 49:1958-62 (2010).
• Plevin MJ, Bryce DL, Boisbouvier J. Direct detection of CH/pi interactions in proteins. Nature Chemistry. 2:466-71 (2010).
• Amero C, Schanda P, Durá MA, Ayala I, Marion D, Franzetti B, Brutscher B, Boisbouvier J. Fast two-dimensional NMR spectroscopy of high molecular weight protein assemblies. J Am Chem Soc.131:3448-9 (2009).
• Ayala I, Sounier R, Usé N, Gans P, Boisbouvier J. An efficient protocol for the complete incorporation of methyl-protonated alanine in perdeuterated protein. J Biomol NMR. 43:111-9 (2009).
• Rasia RM, Noirclerc-Savoye M, Bologna NG, Gallet B, Plevin MJ, Blanchard L, Palatnik JF, Brutscher B, Vernet T, Boisbouvier J. Parallel screening and optimization of protein constructs for structural studies. Protein Sci.18:434-9 (2009).
• Van Melckebeke H, Devany M, Di Primo C, Beaurain F, Toulmé JJ, Bryce DL, Boisbouvier J. Liquid-crystal NMR structure of HIV TAR RNA bound to its SELEX RNA aptamer reveals the origins of the high stability of the complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 105:9210-5 (2008).
• Sounier R, Blanchard L, Wu Z, Boisbouvier J. High-accuracy distance measurement between remote methyls in specifically protonated proteins. J Am Chem Soc. 129:472-3. (2007).
Dr Jerome Boisbouvier
Institut de Biologie Structurale
41 rue Jules Horowitz
38027 GRENOBLE Cedex 1