NMRTEC is opening a position for a doctoral thesis in the field of analytical chemistry dedicated to complex system and combinatorial chemistry.
As a part of the ITN READ European network, it is intended to conduct an extensive study on the development of analytical methods for the analysis of complex mixtures. This will include the study of large chemical libraries, auto-assembling systems, complex protein ligand interactions, and the study of polymers and disordered biological systems. Methods developed will include mostly NMR (1D, 2D, and multinuclear), diffusion measurement by NMR (DOSY) but also other techniques such as SAXS and mass spectrometry.
This is a joined PhD project between NMRTEC and the biomolecular NMR academic laboratory (IGBMC, Dr. Marc André Delsuc).
A successful candidate should have strong interest specifically in NMR but also in analytical and spectroscopic techniques. A good knowledge in biological and pharmaceutical sciences is an advantage.
According to EU rules for ITN projects the applicant:
- has less than 4 years of experience since gaining a university degree and has not been awarded a doctoral degree;
- shall not be a national of the State in which the hosting partner's research team is located (France);
- must have resided in the France for no more than 12 months during the past 3 years.
The application should consist of the following parts:
• a brief letter explaining/motivating your interest in the position;
• a detailed Curriculum Vitæ, including a list of publications (if appropriate);
• a complete list of courses taken and grades obtained (including transcripts of academic records);
• contact details of two referees;
• any other relevant information.
links : http://www.systemschemistry.com/read/index.htm
Contact : Marc-André Delsuc : email@example.com