***A Position as solid state NMR Platform Manager is being offered at
CIC Energigune, Parque Tecnologico de Alava, 01510, Spain
CIC Energigune is a new energy research centre based in the Basque Country of Spain. Its mission is to play a leading role on the international stage in the field of energy storage technologies and contribute to the industrial competitiveness of Basque Country. CIC has a world-class research facility, cutting-edge equipments, an experienced management team, and a scientific committee composed of prominent scientists, entrepreneurs, and industrial experts. (www.cicenergigune.com).
The Basque Country is renowned for the beauty of its natural surroundings. It offers high standards of living and quality of life, in terms of health, housing, leisure, sports, etc, making it an attractive area to live in.
CIC Energigune is now inviting applications for the position of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Platform Manager to custom-build the area´s NMR platform in the field of energy storage technologies.
***What we offer
We are offering a permanent position that will give you a unique opportunity to apply your capabilities and develop new projects related to this technical platform.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, the CIC Energigune offers a competitive basic salary augmented by benefits that compare favourably with the best European private and public institutions.
***What we need
We are looking for a motivated and experienced professional capable of taking this unique opportunity with the following requirements:
* An MS degree preferably in Physics or Chemistry. PhD is not compulsory but will be valuable.
* Ideally several years of experience doing research with solid state NMR and also if possible some liquid NMR. More specifically, the candidate should have :
- An experience in multidimensional quadrupole and spin 1/2 solid state NMR is required
- An ability to match/tailor suitable NMR experiments to the scientific inquiries in materials research for energy applications
- The understanding of the pulse sequences and have the ability to modify and/or write them, and
- The skills to use simulation programs of solid state NMR parameters such as SIMPSON or SPINEVOLUTION are also valued
* An open-mind and creativity, willing to work in new experiments such as in-situ NMR of batteries or other energy harvesting, conversion or storage devices
* Inter-personal and communication skills to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team or to provide supports for other facility users
Applicants should be fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Basque will be considered useful but not compulsory.
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae and two reference letters. Applications should be loaded at http://www.cicenergigune.com/en/trabajar/enviar-curriculo/.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and the search will continue until the position is filled.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.