Rector of Masaryk University opens positions
Two Group Leader Positions – Bio NMR, CEITEC - Central European Institute of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic
We are seeking outstanding applicants for two positions of group leaders who are willing to accept the challenge of starting independent world-class research groups in the field of bio-NMR for Structural Biology Research Program of CEITEC. Structural Biology Research Program will run core facilities for X-ray crystallography, high-end cryo electron microscopy and tomography, studies of biomolecular interactions, and high-field NMR spectroscopy.
You will be part of CEITEC - Central European Institute of Technology in Brno, Czech Republic (www.ceitec.eu), an academic research institution established jointly by Masaryk University, Brno University of Technology, Mendel University in Brno, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical
Sciences Brno, Institute of Physics of Materials, Veterinary Research Institute. The institute will host 600 scientists in state-of-the-art equipped laboratories. Genomics and Proteomics of Plant Systems, Molecular Medicine, Molecular Veterinary Medicine, and Brain and Mind Research represent other Life Science Research Programs of CEITEC. CEITEC will also host high throughput –omics core facilities. The material sciences programmes are part of CEITEC as well.
The High-field NMR Core Facility will be equipped with six high-resolution NMR systems ranging from 500 to 950 MHz. Central Supporting Laboratory for preparation of biomacromolecules for NMR, X-ray, and CRYO-EM and Laboratory of Protein Expression in Eukaryotic Cells will be available on site. Group resources include funds for post-doc positions, personnel and running costs.
The successful candidate must hold a PhD degree in a relevant field and should show:
- proven track record of high quality scientific productivity as judged by publications in high-impact peer-reviewed journals, providing evidence of excellence in bio NMR research and its applications
- success in obtaining extramural research funding
- experience in supervising other scientists
An interest in close collaboration with local experimental groups is essential. We will offer internationally competitive conditions and benefits in line with your experience. The positions are available from 2011 on for an initial period of five years. The beginning of the employment relationship and the onset of group operations is negotiable.
Your application should include:
- detailed description of your training and research career
- list of publications (separate listings of original research papers, reviews, book chapters)
- list of obtained research grants (name, topic, funding source, amount)
- summary of your teaching experience
- reprints of selected publications (10 at maximum)
- outline of your research plan in a form of a brief and concise executive summary (1-2 pages, A4 or Letter format)
Electronic applications must be received by 15 April, 2011, to ensure consideration. Please submit your application to the coordinator of the Structural Biology Research Program Prof. Vladimír Sklenář at: